For your virtual room link, Select your clinician from the list below and click Submit.
Call us, (651) 647-1900, to pay your copay.
For NEW CLIENTS
Schedule Your Telemedicine Appointment
Please follow the process for new clients Where to Begin; or contact us for scheduling assistance.
What to Expect from Telemedicine
Telemedicine is essentially a video call. If you have access to a computer with a camera and microphone or a smart phone, you are more than likely able to receive telemedicine. There are some things to keep in mind for an effective session.
- You need to use a supported and updated Web Browser
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari 11+
- The bandwidth requirements are about a megabit up and down
- Be in a quiet part of your home where you will not be disturbed or overheard
- Dress appropriately
- Please arrive to you therapist’s waiting room 5 minutes early and be ready to start you session at your appointed time
- Although telemedicine may feel similar to a face-to face in-person session, there are some things to keep in mind:
- You may feel physically closer to your therapists depending on the camera set-up
- There may be a stronger preference to maintain eye-to-eye contact
- There may be a stronger degree of discomfort due to the aforementioned
- In order to feel more comfortable you may wish to:
- Have the camera farther back, or be able to move your body back during your session (e.g. a chair on wheels)
- Practice looking away so you can feel accustomed to it should the need arise in your session
- Voice your concerns to your therapist, feel free to address these issues with them during your session
- Most importantly, we are here to help you. We may be learning this process together, but our goal is to help you and provide the service you deserve.