We will continue to update this page as we refine our process and the situation evolves
As the situation continues to evolve, MidWest center for Personal and Family Development is striving for a complete telemedicine transition until the outbreak has subsided and social interaction is deemed safe again. If you believe your situation warrants an exception to telemedicine, please contact us, (651) 647-1900. New clients can follow the new client procedure, where to begin or call (651) 647-1900, and we will get back to you.
Link to Telemedicine Appointment
Feel free to call us, (651) 647-1900, to pay your copay or wait for your monthly statement.
What to Expect from Telemedicine
Telemedicine is essentially a video call. If you have access to a computer with a camera and microphone or a smart phone, you are more than likely able to receive telemedicine. There are some things to keep in mind for an effective session.
- You need to use a supported and updated Web Browser
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari 11+
- The bandwidth requirements are about a megabit up and down
- Be in a quiet part of your home where you will not be disturbed or overheard
- Dress appropriately
- Please arrive to you therapist’s waiting room 5 minutes early and be ready to start you session at your appointed time
- Although telemedicine may feel similar to a face-to face in-person session, there are some things to keep in mind:
- You may feel physically closer to your therapists depending on the camera set-up
- There may be a stronger preference to maintain eye-to-eye contact
- There may be a stronger degree of discomfort due to the aforementioned
- In order to feel more comfortable you may wish to:
- Have the camera farther back, or be able to move your body back during your session (e.g. a chair on wheels)
- Practice looking away so you can feel accustomed to it should the need arise in your session
- Voice your concerns to your therapist, feel free to address these issues with them during your session
- Most importantly, we are here to help you. We may be learning this process together, but our goal is to help you and provide the service you deserve.
In order to receive telemedicine from one of our qualified therapists, the following forms need to be reviewed. If you have not already filled out these forms, please request the electronically fillable forms be sent to you, as this is a manual process, please allow at least a business day. If the forms need to be completed immediately, you can resort to the old fashioned hard copy in the backup method section. Please feel free to reach us at 651-647-1900 if you have any questions.
Please request the forms following the preferred method and they will be sent to you as quickly as possible.
Please follow the process for new clients Where to Begin; essentially, contact us so we can put you in our system.
We should send you these forms after we collect the required information, if not, please proceed with the preferred method, followed by the back-up method should that fail.
We appreciate your understanding as support staff refines this process.
Please enter your email address and we will send an electronically-fillable form as quickly as we can
(if you have time, please allow up to 1 business day to receive the forms before proceeding to the backup method)
(please wait a business day following the preferred method if possible)Instructions
The “Informed Consent for Telemedicine” and the “Telemedicine Assessment for Client Fit” need to be completed and returned to MidWest Center for Personal and Family Development; this applies to all existing clients who have not yet filled out the forms and new clients interested in receiving telemedicine. If you have access to a fax machine, please fax the completed forms to 651-342-8023; if you lack access to a fax machine please email the forms to email@example.com, either by scanning the forms, or if necessary, taking a picture of the forms.